1. he cut me some slack ( c. 1968-72 )
3. he’d drink the stuff if he had to strain it through a shitty cloth ! ( Canadian c. 1920 ) means that he’s a hopeless drunkard .
4. here’s yer hat , what’s yer hurry ? (c. 1920)
5. I have to see a man about a dog ( British and US , late C 19 ) means ‘I must leave you now ‘ or a casual remark that one has to go to the lavatory , or , it also meant ‘I must go out and buy some liquor’ .
6. I resemble that remark ( since 1920s ) a waggish c.p. retort to any jocular insult .
8. I see , said the blind man ( US c. 1930 ) means ‘I understand’ .
9. I’ll tell it to nobody but friends and strangers ( London C. 18 ).
10. it figures ! ( US since 1940s ) that makes good sense , or , in other contexts is equivalent to ‘Well , what would you expect ?’ .
BONUS . It’s a lulu ( US since 1890s ) It’s a beauty , a humdinger.